Tiles are a very popular covering material in modern buildings, whether for floors or walls.
It is available in different types, sizes, colours and textures to suit everyone's needs and tastes. In this article, we'll take a look at the different types of tiles on the market to help you choose the one that best suits your project.
- The tiles in single-cooking are the most commonly used for low-cost tiling projects. They are available in a variety of sizes, colours and textures, making them a versatile choice for floors and walls. Ceramic tiles are durable, hard-wearing and easy to clean. It is also affordable, making it an economical choice for construction projects.
- The tiles in porcelain stoneware are denser than ceramic tiles, making them more resistant to scratches and wear. They are available in different sizes, colours and textures, and are often used in high-traffic areas such as entrance halls and bathrooms. Porcelain stoneware is also stain resistant, making it an ideal choice for areas where there is a risk of spills.
- The tiles natural stone effect Natural stone tiles, such as marble and stone, are elegant choices for tiling projects. They are available in a variety of natural colours and textures, giving them a unique and natural look. However, natural stone is often more expensive than other types of tile and requires regular maintenance to keep it in good condition.
- The tiles imitation wood are an attractive alternative to solid wood flooring. They are available in a variety of shades and textures, perfectly imitating the look and feel of wood. Wooden tiles are also more water-resistant than solid wood, making them ideal for use in wet areas such as bathrooms.
- The tiles metal effect are a unique option for tiling projects. They are often used to add a modern touch to a space. Metal tiles are available in a variety of finishes, such as stainless steel, copper and brass, to create a personalised look. However, they can be expensive and require regular maintenance to prevent rust.
The earthenware are small tiles used for walls and decorative surfaces. They are available in a range of colours, patterns and textures, making them ideal for interior design projects involving walls only. Earthenware is often used in bathrooms, kitchens and public spaces to add a touch of colour and texture to walls.
Now that you know about the different types of tiles available on the market, you need to choose the one that best suits your project.
Here are a few things to bear in mind when making your choice:
- Intended use: are you tiling a floor or a wall? Is the room wet or dry? These factors will determine the type of tiles you choose.
- Style and design: should the tiles match the style of your home? Do you want a simple or more complex design?
- Resistance: if you plan to use your tiles intensively, you'll need to choose tiles that are hard-wearing and easy to clean. Porcelain stoneware and ceramic tiles are generally the most resistant.
- Safety: for wet areas such as swimming pools and terraces, it's important to choose non-slip tiles to avoid accidents.
- Budget: tiling can be expensive, so it's important to set a budget before choosing the type of tiles you want.
Finally, to find the perfect tiles for your project, don't hesitate to consult an experienced tiling specialist or visit a showroom. These professionals will be able to help you choose the right type of tiles for your project, based on your needs and budget.
If you are in the rs South-West region, in particular Bordeaux, ToulouseIn the Aquitaine and Midi-Pyrénées regions, you'll easily find a retailer to help you choose the flooring that's best suited to your project. With 20 mm slabs, slabs on blocks, finishing profiles, stair nosings and skirting boards, you can personalise your terrace or swimming pool, and more generally your floor or wall, to your taste.
In conclusion, the choice of tiles depends on many factors, such as the intended use, style and design, resistance, safety and budget. By taking these factors into account, you'll be able to find the perfect tiles for your project.